Latest Healthy Kids News
(HealthDay News) -- There's no magic age at which your child is emotionally ready to stay home alone. Each child must be evaluated individually, experts say.
The University of Michigan Health System offers these questions to help you decide when your child is ready to solo:
- Do you think your child is capable of making good decisions?
- If your child able to handle an emergency?
- Is your child mature enough to stay alone?
- Is your child able to understand and follow the rules of the household, and any safety and emergency guidelines?
- If your child capable and comfortable using the telephone?
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.