(HealthDay News) -- Sufficient sleep is essential to help you feel sharp, focused and well. So, are you getting enough?
Latest Sleep News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these guidelines by age:
- Newborns need 16 hours to 18 hours of sleep each day.
- Children in preschool need 11 hours to 12 hours of sleep per day.
- School-aged children should get a minimum of 10 hours of sleep per day.
- Teens should get a minimum of nine hours of sleep each day.
- Adults, including seniors, need seven hours to eight hours of sleep daily.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.