(HealthDay News) -- If you could make a few changes to improve your physical and financial health, wouldn't it seem like a no-brainer?
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these suggestions:
- Give up smoking to reduce your risk of major health problems. It's never too late to quit, and you can pocket the money you save.
- Check out available resources to find an affordable health care plan.
- If you're pregnant or a new mom, subscribe to the free text service "text4baby" to get tips on healthy pregnancy and caring for baby.
- Make sure you're up to date on all recommended vaccines to help ward off serious illness.
- Don't take medications that aren't necessary, such as an antibiotic for a viral infection.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.