(HealthDay News) -- Irritable bowel syndrome is a collection of symptoms that can be aggravated by the foods you eat and how much you eat.
Latest Digestion News
- Eat at consistent times each day to help regulate bowel function.
- Avoid large, heavy meals in favor of smaller, lighter ones.
- Eat plenty of foods rich in fiber, such as whole grains and produce.
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids. Limit alcohol, caffeine and artificial sweeteners.
- Keep a food diary to help identify problem foods and poor eating habits.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter