Latest Allergies News
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency offers these suggestions to help banish dust mites:
- Wash all linens and bedding weekly in very hot water, and dry completely.
- Protect mattresses and pillows with dust-proof covers.
- Make sure all carpets and furniture are cleaned weekly with a vacuum equipped with a HEPA filter.
- Give children washable stuffed toys, and wash these items regularly in hot water.
- Dust your home frequently with a damp cloth.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter