(HealthDay News) -- If you're out biking, make sure you follow the rules of the road to stay safe.
The Washington State Department of Transportation offers these recommendations:
- Follow all traffic signs and signals, pass only on the left, follow lane markings and ride in the same direction as traffic.
- Every so often, check behind you as you ride. Make sure you keep both hands on the bars.
- Dress in weather-appropriate clothing, and always wear your helmet.
- Never wear headphones, so you can hear any cars and distractions.
- Use hand signals, and be on the lookout for road hazards.
- When biking at night, make sure you use a headlight and a rear reflector so drivers can see you.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter