(HealthDay News) -- Keeping your kidneys healthy is extremely important, particularly if you have a chronic disease such as diabetes.
Latest Digestion News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests how to protect the kidneys:
- Maintain healthy blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, and cut back on foods high in salt.
- Get plenty of regular physical activity.
- If you take any medications, do so as the label and your doctor prescribe.
- Keep diabetes in check by maintaining target blood glucose and getting regular A1c checks at least twice annually.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter