Latest Healthy Kids News
(HealthDay News) -- Taking a few precautions to childproof your home can help your curious little ones stay safe.
The University of Michigan Health System makes these suggestions:
- Make sure that all blind cords are out of a child's reach.
- Make sure that your child never has access to plastic bags or coverings; use only modern baby gates, to prevent serious injury.
- Make sure that children cannot become trapped inside refrigerators, freezers, dryers or other large appliances or devices.
- Guard against TV and furniture tipovers.
- Keep children away from home exercise equipment and reclining chairs.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.