(HealthDay News) -- Acne can strike people of any age for different reasons, but there are several factors that can worsen or trigger breakouts.
Latest Skin News
The American Academy of Family Physicians notes these possibilities:
- Using products with an oil base, such as cosmetics, hair products and suntan oil.
- Being under emotional stress.
- Undergoing changes in your hormones, particularly during menstruation.
- Picking at or squeezing pimples on your skin.
- Scrubbing your skin too vigorously.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Skin Care & Conditions Newsletter