Latest Pregnancy News
(HealthDay News) -- If you're planning to become pregnant, use this time to prepare for the challenges ahead.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these recommendations:
- Set goals and create a plan of action, and visit with your doctor about preconception healthcare.
- Take a daily folic acid supplement.
- Give up all recreational drugs, smoking and alcohol.
- Avoid exposure to toxic or harmful substances.
- Lose any extra weight.
- Learn more about your family's medical history.
- If you are in a violent relationship, seek help.
- Seek treatment for any mental health issues.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.