Latest Depression News
The Cleveland Clinic offers this advice if you've been diagnosed with heart disease and are feeling blue:
- Try to get some physical activity. Be sure to follow your doctor's recommendations for exercise.
- Learn and practice relaxation techniques.
- Engage in activities that make you happy. Avoid unhealthy coping habits such as smoking, drinking or overeating.
- Seek support from family, friends or clergy. Join a support group for people with heart disease.
- Eat a nutritious, balanced diet and commit to getting plenty of sleep.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Depression Newsletter