Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says you're at greater risk for exercise-related injury if you:
- Exercise excessively or increase the intensity or duration of exercise too aggressively.
- Exercise in extreme weather.
- Exercise without appropriate equipment, such as shoes that aren't designed for your activity.
- Have had a previous injury, are a smoker or lead a sedentary lifestyle.
- Have certain musculoskeletal problems, such as high arches or bowed legs.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.