Latest Diet & Weight Management News
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions to help families stick to their healthy goals:
- Prepare nutritious snacks and well-balanced meals, and make sure everyone starts the day with a healthy breakfast.
- Make sure that at each meal, your plate is half filled with fruits and veggies. Also make sure that at least half of your grains are whole.
- Eat dinner together every night, if possible.
- Avoid talking about weight in a negative way in front of your children.
- Be active together as a family. Examples may include taking a walk together after dinner, or going to the gym.
- Keep a positive attitude, and set a good example for your children about following a healthy lifestyle.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Children's Health & Parenting Newsletter