(HealthDay News) -- Clearing the snow is a common winter chore, but don't forget that it's physically challenging. So make sure you're up to the task.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these snow-clearing tips:
- Talk to your doctor before shoveling or blowing snow, as it may be taxing on the heart.
- Dress for the job in lightweight, water-resistant layers, in addition to a hat and gloves, thick socks and shoes with soles that won't slip.
- Shovel early before snow gets heavy and packed.
- Avoid icy spots and areas with uneven footing.
- Make sure a hat or scarf doesn't obstruct your vision.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.