Latest Mental Health News
The University of Michigan Health System offers this advice:
- Set aside at least 15 minutes to practice in a quiet, cool and comfortable place where you won't be disturbed. Let others know that you need some uninterrupted time.
- Don't practice while driving.
- Turn off your phone and eliminate other distractions.
- If odd thoughts come into your mind as you practice guided imagery, let them pass and don't dwell on trying to figure them out.
- Consider the practice successful if you feel better after you've completed the exercise.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Depression Newsletter