(HealthDay News) -- Your baby's safety begins in the crib, and among a parent's easiest chores is to make sure the crib sheets fit properly.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission offers this advice:
- Crib sheets should always fit snugly on the mattress.
- Crib sheets should overlap on the mattress corners, so the sheets cannot be pulled off by baby.
- Do not use an or adult-size sheet on a crib mattress. Doing so poses an entanglement hazard.
- Place baby on his or her back. Make sure the crib meets government safety standards, and that the mattress fits snugly in the crib.
- Do not place any sheepskins, blankets, comforters or pillows in baby's crib.
Latest Healthy Kids News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Children's Health & Parenting Newsletter