Latest Diet & Weight Management News
The U.S. National Institutes of Health's Weight-control Information Network offers these suggestions to help lower your risk:
- Try to lose weight at a slow pace, generally between 1/2 pound to 2 pounds per week.
- Eat plenty of fiber-rich foods, such as whole wheat bread, brown rice and oats.
- Avoid refined grains and reduce your sugar intake.
- Choose healthy fats, including olive oil and fish oil, to help maintain healthy gallbladder function.
- Aim for about five hours of exercise per week.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter