Latest Healthy Kids News
- Good Sleep Help Babies Avoid Obesity as They Grow
- Baby-Wearing Products Leave Infants at Injury Risk
- Gene Therapy on Bubble Boy Immune Disease Cases
- Pediatricians: 'Emergency' in Child Mental Health
- Kids Newly Diagnosed With ADHD Aren't Getting Care
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
(HealthDay News) -- Before you head out with baby in tow, make sure you've safely and properly packed a diaper bag.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions:
- Bring along unopened jars of commercial baby food.
- Use ready-to-feed or powdered formula, or other foods that don't require refrigeration.
- Pack an insulated container with ice packs for perishables such as breast milk. When you're done traveling, store in the refrigerator.
- Keep spoons and forks in a separate bag to keep them clean.
- Use hand-sanitizing wipes or a bottle of sanitizer before feeding baby or after changing a diaper.
- Keep soiled diapers away from food and bottles.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.