- Before you begin to speak, count to 10 and take several deep breaths.
- Walk away from whatever is stressful, and decide to come back to it later. If there's a big problem, break it down into smaller problems that are easier to address individually.
- Take a walk. If you're driving, stay in the slow lane, away from heavy traffic.
- If you've made a mistake, say you're sorry.
- If you're repeatedly stressed about being late, set your watch five to 10 minutes ahead.
- Do something to make yourself happy and relaxed, such as hugging a loved one, smelling a flower or giving someone a smile.
Latest Mental Health News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Depression Newsletter