Latest Sleep News
(HealthDay News) -- Sleepwalking is a very real disorder that can be dangerous to the sleepwalker and family members.
- Get more rest. A major trigger of sleepwalking is sleep deprivation.
- Avoid alcohol and any medications that tend to trigger sleepwalking episodes.
- Create a consistent and relaxing bedtime routine.
- Make sure the sleep environment is safe. For example, don't allow a child who sleep walks to sleep in a bunk bed.
- Keep doors and windows locked, keep any sharp or breakable objects far from the bed, and place gates above stairways.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.