(HealthDay News) -- A birthing class can help settle any pre-birth jitters and prepare first-time couples for the pending arrival.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says a birthing class can:
- Help parents learn about how a baby develops.
- Explain warning signs of a potential problem.
- Help parents develop a birth plan.
- Describe pain management, breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Suggest how partners or birth coaches can help.
- Describe how to identify when labor begins, and what to expect throughout the labor and delivery process.
- Instruct parents about caring for and bonding with a newborn.
Latest Pregnancy News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Pregnancy & Newborns Newsletter