- Use a diluted bleach solution (no more than 1 cup bleach per gallon of water), soap and water or a commercial cleaning product. Use with a stiff brush.
- Never mix bleach with any other household chemical, as the mixture can produce toxic fumes.
- Wear non-porous gloves and protective eyewear. Open windows for ventilation.
- Consult the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (epa.gov) for information about cleaning areas of mold greater than 10 square feet.
Latest Prevention & Wellness News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter