Latest Healthy Kids News
The University of Michigan Health System offers this advice, especially for people with older homes that may contain lead-based paint:
- If you're having your home remodeled, involve professionals who can take precautions against lead hazards. If possible, keep your family out of the home during the remodeling.
- Avoid burning, sanding, scraping or burning painted wood.
- Use a steam cleaner with a HEPA filter to clean rugs and carpets. Wipe down hard surfaces (including toys and windowsills) with warm, soapy water at least once weekly.
- Frequently dust your home.
- Make sure children don't put fingers, pacifiers, toys or other objects in their mouths after they have been on the floor.
- Wash children's hands frequently, especially before eating and sleeping.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.