Latest Healthy Kids News
(HealthDay News) -- Eczema can cause red, itchy, dry patches on baby's skin, particularly in the folds of the legs and arms.
- Talk to your pediatrician about which over-the-counter lotions or creams are best for your child's eczema.
- If your baby's eczema is mild, the pediatrician may not recommend any treatment
- To keep eczema at bay, bathe baby with a very gentle cleanser, and use a gentle detergent to clean baby's clothes.
- Dress baby in soft clothing, avoiding wool and similar scratchy fabrics.
- Avoid frequent baths, limiting to no more than three times per week.
- Talk to the doctor about whether baby should avoid any foods.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.