(HealthDay News) -- Before you stuff the turkey or prepare holiday treats, make sure you take precautions to prepare your food and store it safely after the feast is over.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The Foodsafety.gov website offers these holiday guidelines:
- Thoroughly wash your hands, produce and all surfaces and utensils.
- While shopping, separate raw meat and poultry from any foods that won't be cooked.
- Use a food thermometer to make sure all meat is cooked to an appropriate temperature.
- Reheat any sauces, gravies and soups to a rolling boil.
- Make sure all eggs are thoroughly cooked. Use only pasteurized egg products.
- Promptly refrigerate all leftovers at 40 degrees or below. Use leftovers within four days, or toss them out.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.