Latest Cold and Flu News
- Offer fluids such as ginger ale or water, but avoid acidic beverages such as orange juice, lemonade or grapefruit juice.
- Feed your child warm soup.
- Give your child warm sweetened tea or hot chocolate.
- Make sure your child finishes any prescription antibiotic.
- Encourage your child to cover the nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Do not share utensils with your child.
- Ask your child's doctor when he or she can return to school.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter