Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The Cleveland Clinic suggests how to choose lower-fat foods:
- Read product labels, and opt for those titled nonfat, low-fat or reduced fat.
- Focus on total fat consumed for the day, instead of fat in a specific food.
- Stick to lean cuts of meat. Aim to eat less than 6 ounces of meat per day.
- Choose low-fat proteins, such as tofu, dried beans and peas, low-fat dairy products and water-packed tuna.
- Drink 1 percent milk or skim milk, and eat reduced-fat or nonfat spreads and cheeses.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.