(HealthDay News) -- Daily exercise needn't feel like a burden. It can be as simple as taking a daily stroll with the family.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The American College of Sports Medicine suggests how to be more active every day:
- Take regular walks -- after dinner with the family, a walk instead of a drive or take the dog for a stroll.
- Enjoy your favorite TV shows, but get up and take an exercise break during commercials. When reading, get some exercise after every six pages.
- Walk quickly or run while doing errands. Walk the escalators instead of just riding on them.
- Do laps through the aisles of the grocery store, or walk quickly on your trip to the mall.
- Start an active new hobby, such as biking or hiking.
- If you're on the phone, walk around while you chat.
- Dance to your favorite music, or engage in active play with your kids for at least 30 minutes each day.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter