Latest Heart News
Only about half of people with DVT have symptoms, the U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute says. If warning signs do occur, they may include:
- Swelling of the leg or a leg vein.
- Tenderness or pain in the leg, especially while standing or walking.
- Warmth in part of the leg.
- Discoloration or redness.
- Coughing blood, shortness of breath or pain when breathing deeply.
If you have any of these symptoms, seek medical attention at once.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Heart Health Newsletter