Latest Diet & Weight Management News
(HealthDay News) -- It's common for college students to pack on a few pounds while they're away at school.
- Never skip meals. Be especially sure to start the day with a healthy breakfast to kick start your metabolism.
- Make healthy food choices, and pay attention to portion sizes.
- Choose high-fiber foods (such as fruits and veggies, beans and whole grains) to help you feel more full for longer periods.
- Include a lean protein in each meal. Good choices include lean turkey, chicken, pork, fish or beef; beans, nut butters and reduced-fat cheese.
- Eat healthier fats from nuts, seeds, avocados and canola or olive oils. Avoid desserts and fried foods.
- Drink water, fat-free or low-fat milk, unsweetened coffee or tea. Avoid sugary drinks, and limit alcohol to one drink per day.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.