Latest Diabetes News
The American Diabetes Association offers this advice:
- Do not allow calluses to grow too thick, as they can turn into open sores.
- Don't cut calluses yourself, as this increases the risk of infection.
- Don't use chemical products to remove calluses.
- See your health care provider to have calluses safely and properly removed.
- Each day, use a pumice stone to gently scrub feet when wet, then follow with lotion.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Diabetes Newsletter