Latest Digestion News
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration offers this advice:
- Know the symptoms of food-borne illness, which may mimic the flu, including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and fever.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you have symptoms. Follow any treatment plan recommended by your doctor.
- Wrap up the suspected food, label it "danger" and freeze it so it can be examined.
- Save cans, cartons or any other packaging from the food, even if it's identical to the food that made you sick. Write down a list of all recent foods you've eaten.
- Contact the U.S. Department of Agriculture if you believe you ate contaminated meat, poultry or eggs. Contact your local health department if you believe you ate contaminated food at a local restaurant.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter