Latest Travel Health News
(HealthDay News) -- Getting sick during a cruise can quickly ruin your fun. But since passengers are often confined to relatively small spaces, germs have a way of spreading quickly throughout cruise ships.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this advice for cruise passengers:
- Wash your hands frequently -- always before eating, drinking or smoking. Also wash hands after you use the restroom, or any time your hands are dirty.
- If you see someone who is getting sick, stay away from that person.
- Get plenty of rest and drink plenty of water.
- If you become sick, report it immediately to the ship's staff.
- If you become sick before you depart, see if the ship will offer a refund or alternate travel date while you recuperate.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.