Latest Healthy Kids News
The American Dental Association suggests how to help children stop thumb sucking:
- Give your child lots of attention and praise for not sucking the thumb.
- Offer plenty of support and comfort, as children tend to suck the thumb when they are anxious.
- If the child is older, let him or her help decide the best method to quit thumb sucking.
- Ask your dentist to talk to your child about the problems that can occur from thumb sucking.
- Bandage the thumb, especially at night.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.