(HealthDay News) -- There are many physical and emotional changes in a new mother's life that can trigger a bout of the "post-baby blues."
Latest Depression News
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions to help prevent the condition:
- Get as much sleep as possible, napping when your baby does.
- Don't put so much pressure on yourself, and accept that you can't do everything.
- Let others help out.
- Avoid being without another adult's company all of the time.
- Seek help from your spouse or partner, friends and family, or consider joining a new mom's support group.
- Find time for regular exercise.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Depression Newsletter