Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration offers these recommendations:
- Keep all cooked seafood completely separate from raw seafood. The two types also should be kept apart in the store before you buy them.
- Use soap and water to wash hands for at least 20 seconds before and after handling seafood.
- Thoroughly wash all cutting boards, utensils or plates that touch raw seafood. Avoid using the same items for seafood that's been cooked.
- Clean cutting boards in the dishwasher after each use.
- Make sure seafood is promptly refrigerated or frozen immediately after purchase. Eat within two days if refrigerated.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.