(HealthDay News) -- You want to do everything possible to ensure that your infant or toddler is safe, including while traveling in the car.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The SafeKids.org website offers these car-seat safety tips:
- Make sure the seat is properly installed and fits snugly, and that your child is securely strapped in. The straps and seat itself should not be loose.
- Read the seat's label to make sure your child fits according to product's height and weight restrictions.
- Make sure your child is in the appropriate seat facing in the correct direction. A rear-facing seat is best until the child is at least 2 years old.
- Don't buy a used car seat unless you are sure it has never been in a crash. Make sure the product hasn't passed its expiration date.
- Consult a certified passenger safety technician to be sure your seat is appropriate for your child and is installed correctly.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.