Latest Infectious Disease News
- Ground Turkey Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
- Doctors': Antibiotics Can Be for Shorter Periods
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Songbirds & Feeders
- Sabra Classic Hummus Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ebola Survivor May Have Started Latest Outbreak -- 5 Years Later
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
(HealthDay News) -- Chickenpox is a contagious viral infection. While most recover fully, some kids and adults suffer serious complications. People with HIV/AIDS and others with weakened immune systems appear to be at greatest risk.
- Bleeding problems.
- Infection of the brain, skin, bones or joints.
- Sepsis, a bacterial infection of the bloodstream.
The chickenpox vaccine is the best way to protect you and your child from the disease, the CDC says.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.