(HealthDay News) -- Hand eczema is characterized by itchy, red, dry and tender hands. It may surprise you to learn that "dishpan hands" are a form of hand eczema.
Latest Skin News
The National Eczema Association suggests how to prevent or minimize symptoms of hand eczema:
- If symptoms are flaring, keep your hands as dry as possible.
- When washing hands, use a gentle, perfume-free cleanser and a little lukewarm water. Gently blot them dry and quickly apply a moisturizer.
- Don't use a hand sanitizer when hand eczema is flaring.
- Protect your hands with gloves when working with food or water.
- Wear cotton gloves while doing chores around the house.
- Don't wear rings while doing housework or washing hands.
- Ask someone else to shampoo your hair. Or use waterproof gloves.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.