Latest Infectious Disease News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this advice:
- Within two hours of coming inside, take a bath or shower.
- Use a hand mirror to thoroughly check yourself from head to toe.
- Carefully check children for ticks, looking in the ears, hair, underarms, in the belly button, between the legs, behind the knees and around the waist.
- Check any clothing and gear, as well as pets.
- Put clothing in the dryer on the hot setting for an hour to kill ticks that may have lingered.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.