(HealthDay News) -- When your child is miserable with a cold, there are things you can do to help the youngster feel better.
Latest Cold and Flu News
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions:
- Use saltwater nose drops or saline nasal spray to ease nasal congestion.
- Run a cool-mist humidifier to increase moisture in the air.
- If your child's nose is raw and sore from wiping the nose, apply a dab of petroleum jelly.
- Children older than age 3 may have hard candy or cough drops to help tame a sore throat.
- Use a heating pad or a warm bath to comfort aches and pains.
- Put your child in a steamy bathroom to help ease breathing.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter