Latest Healthy Kids News
- Baby-Wearing Products Leave Infants at Injury Risk
- Gene Therapy on Bubble Boy Immune Disease Cases
- Pediatricians: 'Emergency' in Child Mental Health
- Kids Newly Diagnosed With ADHD Aren't Getting Care
- Many Parents Worry That Kids Fell Behind in School
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions:
- Teach children to avoid having their heads come in contact with the heads of other children.
- Don't let your child share hats, hair accessories, scarves, helmets, towels or any personal care items.
- Don't allow your child to lie on pillows, carpeting or bedding that has recently been exposed to someone with lice.
- If your family has been exposed to lice, check each member of the family every few days. Promptly treat any nits (eggs) or lice that are found.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.