Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service offers these suggestions:
- Make sure you choose foods that are light enough to carry and won't spoil easily.
- For cold foods, freeze them overnight and bring them frozen.
- Wash your hands, and keep all raw meats and juices away from other foods.
- Make sure your water source is safe by boiling or using water purification tablets.
- Pack nonperishable foods, such as dried fruits, beef jerky, nuts, peanut butter and canned foods.
- Use a food thermometer to make sure all foods are thoroughly cooked.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.