(HealthDay News) -- It's important to stay as healthy as possible during pregnancy, since your health is directly related to the health of your baby.
Latest Pregnancy News
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions for moms-to-be:
- Visit your doctor regularly for prenatal care.
- Gain an appropriate amount of weight. Don't try to shed pounds during pregnancy.
- Eat a healthy, balanced, nutritious diet. Avoid ingredients that could harm your baby, such as caffeine.
- Take vitamins or prenatal supplements (including folic acid) as recommended by your doctor. Consult your doctor before taking any medications or supplements.
- Ask your doctor about whether it's safe to continue working, have sex and exercise throughout pregnancy.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.