Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
(HealthDay News) -- Planning a long-distance bike ride? You should pack a nutritious snack to help sustain your energy as you pedal.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics mentions these bike-friendly snacks that will give your muscles the nutrients they need:
- Bananas, which are a good source of potassium and carbohydrates.
- Peanut butter and jelly (or honey) sandwich on a tortilla. Swap peanut butter for almond butter or sunflower butter if you have a peanut allergy.
- Trail mix packed with nuts and dried fruits, such as raisins, apricots and prunes. Opt for salted nuts if you tend to sweat excessively.
- An energy bar packed with nuts, dried fruits and whole grains.
- Don't forget bottled water or a sports drink.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.