(HealthDay News) -- Don't let kids waste summer break parked in front of the TV. Instead, get them to exercise.
The American Council on Exercise suggests these fun summer activities:
- Encourage kids to play sports such as soccer, basketball, skateboarding or surfing.
- Sign your child up for a martial arts class to build strength, coordination and mental stamina.
- Let your kids splash and swim all summer long in a pool or at the beach. Sign them up for swim lessons if necessary.
- At the park or in the backyard, set up an obstacle course packed with different challenges.
- Turn up the music and get your kids dancing.
Latest Healthy Kids News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Children's Health & Parenting Newsletter