Latest Allergies News
The American College of Sports Medicine offers these suggestions:
- Talk to an allergist before starting an exercise program.
- Take all medications for allergies and asthma as prescribed by your doctor.
- Breathe through the nose while you exercise.
- Exercise indoors when outdoor pollen counts are high. Keep windows and doors closed, and exercise on a mat instead of on carpeting.
- Keep rescue medications on hand, don't exercise if symptoms are flaring, and take extra time to warm up and cool down.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Allergy and Asthma Newsletter