(HealthDay News) -- Prom can be an unforgettable experience for many teens, who have been planning for the big night for months.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these suggestions for enjoying a safe and healthy prom:
- If you want to lose weight, leave enough time to lose it slowly by exercising regularly and eating well.
- If you're using new cosmetics or hair products, read labels and try them before prom night.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Don't stress yourself out about the prom's cost.
- Don't drink alcohol, and don't get into a car with anyone who has been drinking.
- Say "no" to smoking, sex and drugs.
- Always wear a seat belt in the car.
- Make sure your guardians know where you will be at all times on prom night.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.