(HealthDay News) -- You don't have to make staying fit a go-it-alone activity. Have the rest of the family join in.
The Shapeup.org website offers these suggestions for family-fitness activities:
- Start a regular family tennis match.
- Head out with the family pet for a jog or a walk.
- Go to the park and rent a paddleboat, or hit the trails for a walk or run.
- Take a yoga class together.
- Play a family game of whiffleball or volleyball.
- Dance to your favorite music, or use steps or a solid bench to do some step-aerobics together.
- Challenge your clan to walk as many city blocks as you can.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.