Latest High Blood Pressure News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this advice for people whose pressure is too high:
- Cut back on salt in your diet, and increase consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Lose weight if you're overweight or obese.
- Don't smoke, and limit alcohol intake.
- Take any prescribed blood pressure medication as directed. Talk to your doctor if you have side effects from any medication.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Heart Health Newsletter